Back to Tana


Advertisement
Madagascar's flag
Africa » Madagascar » Antananarivo
August 15th 2005
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -18.9201, 47.5237

After staying for a night in Antsirabe, we arrived back in Tana safe and sound. We were sad to say goodbye to our bling mobile and cool drivers, whom it turned out had spent every night on route in the nightclubs!

Time had just gone by much too fast 😞

Poor Domoina had to return to study mode as she had an exam. Lovely Aina and friends took us to Ambohimanga, the original capital of the Merina royal family. The view from the rock is amazing.

Our last day in Madagascar was shopping day! We brought pretty much everything we possibly could. Unfortunately there were no lemurs for sale! We went back to the village for our last big family and friend meal which was lovely. Our plane back to Jo'burg was at 5am so I opted for just staying awake and making the most of every last second to be spent in Madagascar. Thankfully Aina kept me company.

I was incredibly reluctant to leave such an amazing country and such wonderful people. I think I've found the most perfect country in the world and don't believe any where else could now be better! I'm already planning my return next year and am on the lookout for any more permanent opportunities available over there. So it may well be Madagascar that you all need to plan on visiting now rather than China!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Shop Till you drop!!Shop Till you drop!!
Shop Till you drop!!

Where else but Madagascar can you find 2 guys to do all your shopping, barter all the prices down, sort out the money and then carry the bags?!!


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb