Drakensburg 3


Advertisement
Lesotho's flag
Africa » Lesotho » Sani Top
August 22nd 2015
Published: September 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Im lucky to do those hikes when I did because today is a drive up to Lesotho. I couldn’t imagine going another 21 km up as high as it is….F that. So the 1968 jeep will be doing the leg work today J The first stop was at an old trading post used for the Basotho people and SA peeps. On the way the views were stunning including the 12 apostles; plateaued peaks of which there were actually 13 so a new friend born in Paris, raised in Benin, and currently working in an embassy in Gabon said its 12 and then jesus is the 13th. Lolol. Each turn of the switchback has a name including the ice corner, suicide corner, OMG corner, and other fun monikers. At top a quick search finds the Maluti brand beer but that’s for later. Our lunch was enjoyed from the Black mountain top or something like this...the highest part of the Drakensburg Mountains at 3480 meters. Pretty windy, but a nice view again. And then it was off to the Highest Pub in Africa!!!!! Nice views again and nice size beer this time. Easy drinking, quite light on the body and light on the sweetness too. Easy day enjoying someone else doing the legwork and back to the braai for more song and dance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement





12th May 2016
Geoffroy!

Looks like a fun pub
We may need to add this to our travel list.

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb