A slower day but a relaxing one


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
February 20th 2020
Published: February 20th 2020
Edit Blog Post

We woke to a very heavy dew in our national park campsite and slowly got going. We saw many more buffalo and Zebra as well as a variety of birds on our way through the park but unfortunately no Black Rhino! We did stop at a very impressive view point overlooking the lake and saw approximately 1000 baboon along the way.

Outside the park we made a critical stop to buy the boys some much promised Masai knives, to say they were excited at their purchases would be an under-statement. We then made our way down toward lake Naivasha again to stay on the lake shore.

We had a very relaxed afternoon (except for spending two hours fixing the handbrake and getting very dirty). We played cards, looked for crocs, the boys did some excellent pictures of wild animals and we generally unwound.

What was most striking was the lake shore which not a week before had been water was covered with a thick green growth of weeds as far as the eye can see. We hope it attracts more Hippos this evening.

Tonight the boys are using the last of their holiday money to take us out to dinner in the campsite. This will be our last night in the tent together before we head to Nairobi for our last night in a hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb