Camel Country


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
November 13th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.0939, 36.6874

We all headed out towards Marlala with a little intrepidation and excitement, the road headed straight into a large mountain range with fantastic views of some really spectacular scenery, max altitude reached was 2600mtrs.

The road was cut into the side of the mountains and the base was hard rock thus we all had no real problems. Arrived in Marlala found the Austrians and headed straight for the bar, it was hot in the sun thus a thirst had to be quenched.

We then headed into town to get fuel and supplies given this was the last reliable fuel stop before Arba Mich in Ethiopia 800kms away. The town was interesting insomuch as it is really a frontier town, thus out of control.. as soon as the bikes and us pulled up in the main street we were mobbed by naughty children and interested adults.. Lisa was left to stay with the vehicle and the fellas went off to get the stuff required. When I returned from the gas man Lisa was frantically warding off a group of children who were systematically trying to remove the valve caps form Shorty wheels.. I increased my stride and started yelling and the buggers were not fazed at all until.. okay plan B get something in hand to wield as a weapon.. nice one.

The situation began to deteriorate from that point, thus a hasty retreat was enacted as the best form of self preservation. Back to camp and given it was hot…the beer garden...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb