There's a chicken in the kitchen and it's tied to the table...


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Nakuru
March 7th 2011
Published: March 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today's school adventure included me and Alice teaching an R.E lesson about the birth of Jesus, singing Silent Night in March (please let that be bad luck, it was for educational purposes) helping with a spelling competition and looking out of the classroom door into a rather large and close fire that started in the dry grass...

Katharine and Jojo decided that making the boys spag bol for dinner was a good plan, it turned into a LONG day for them slaving over a fire in a very smokey kitchen! But it was a success, good to have some familiar food and the boys loved it. Everything we needed to feed 50 people for about a tenner... Jamie Oliver eat your heart out these ladies have en mass cooking down to a T!

The boys loved the food and fruit for pudding, they nearly all had seconds and had the evening was just filled with fun and laughter which was lovely to see. From a 4 year old trying to eat Mango skin and making a HUGE mess to Patrick trying to fit a piece of mango the size of his face into his mouth and finally Peter's "African" dancing (looked a bit like Beyonce meets Shakira but performed by a man) All round brilliant night.

We also this afternoon were greeted with Jojo's declaration of "There's a chicken in the kitchen... no not the outdoor one, the one there (meaning the indoor kitchen), and it's tied to the table. it just did a poo near to my water bottle"

After a lot of investigation the chicken is a gift- a local villages sacred animal to the girl who works here and does a lot in the kitchen, the chicken is going to be killed tomorrow and some how Alice has got herself wrapped up in wanting to kill the chicken; maybe she is missing living near farms too much!

Now called George- christened by me, George is sat under the table looking very sorry for himself. I can safely say I would not want to spend my last night on Earth cowering under that table.

For those of you who didn't think Alice had this in her it is apparently ok that she is killing George as in the morning she is "...milking a cow, that balances out the Karma." Don't worry I'm still not 100% sure how this works either but apparently milking cows and killing chickens is much of a muchness!?!

Sure tomorrow can only be an entertaining birthday- filled with George killing, safari, an anticipated soaking and whatever else is set to come our way!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb