First few days


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Lake Nakuru NP
January 16th 2010
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Jan 16
Day 1
So I had my breaky then got a taxi over to hotel boulvard. There were a number of tour groups meeting there for their tours. Some really cool big safari trucks. Then ours came and it is pretty pimp not as old and rugged looking but it's really sick. Anyway our first drive was only a couple of hours or so and we stopped to look at mt longronot along the way. 
When we got to the park  we had lunch outside it was good, some lunch meat and veggies and some south African chutney, delicious. Then we went on our first game drive. It was awesome not even 2 mins in and we saw buffalo and zebras and some hogs. Then we drove out onto the lake flats to get a closer look of the flimingos in the lake. Off in the distance of the lake flats there were dust "plooms" swirling about and they looked beautiful.  We drove a little further and spotted some Thomas Gazells. They are verry little but really cool looking, very magestic looking.  Then we spotted a white rhino off in the distance. Man that was cool such a giagantic creature and dinosaurus looking. Next we spotted a water buc, in the caribu, family but much larger and a little further on we saw a few hyenas.  They were really devious sneaky lookig creatures. They have huge necks like pitbulls very powerful looking short and stocky.   Then we had to take a detour around a tractor that was broken down in the middle of the dirt road and boy it was the best detour ever. We got right up next to a massive rhino and then some giraffis appeared, a mom and her baby. It was unreal further off in the distance was a rhino mother and her baby as well. Truely amazing Africa. The giraffis although a funny looking creature are very elegant and beautiful.  
Then on the way back we took a differnt road and came across a number of zebras very close as well as a large troup of baboons. It was awesome. 
So as the day light started fadeing we set up camp, put up tents and prepaired dinner. The tents are really thick solid canvas so that's pretty cool. Tonight for dinner we made chicken with veggies and rice it was delicious. The Ozzie girls added the sauces so I'm not sure what was in it but it was really good. After dinner we cleaned up made some tea and coffee. Then we all just sat around a campfire talking. Unbeleiveable first day. I can only hope the other 57 days can be half as good. Well the fire is dying and I'm the only one up so off to bed. Ahhh Africa.

Jan 17
Day 2
So we had a 5:30 am wake up so we could have some coffee and the go for another game drive this time we made it all the way around th lake. Seeing all of the same animals as yesterday we did get to see a lot of rhinos today. Then at one point there was a giraff walking along a herd of Thomas gazells, water bucs, baboons and a couple rhinos all in view. Ahh what a sight Africa at it's best all animals coexsisting.
When we got back to camp we made pancakes and French toast with a side of fresh juicy pineapple. Soild breaky. We then packed some lunches up, cleaned up and headed off for Naiberi near Eldoret. The drive was about about six hours so the girls and I played some card games and then the they started drinking because it is Tan's birthday. 
We passed by some beautiful lush green farm land along the way. Once we got to camp we set up our tents and tables for dinner. We had sometime to kill so I went down to the pool oh yea this camp ground had a pool and a kick ass bar. It reminded me of Khunaville in Delaware. Since many of you won't know that that is it is a resturant that looks like a volcano and then the inside looks like caves and has plants and palms trees all over. This was very similar many plants a thatched roof a few fire places and one huge open fit pit. Anway after my work out we had some pasta bolanese. Then cleaned up and went to the bar for a drink and Tan'a birthday. Kathy called ahead and got the camp to buy a cake and even write her name on it. It was so nice. Then even gave her a present, a 100 pack of condoms. Haha. The owner also had 11 dogs and 2 puppies we played with all night. Then we all nicked off to bed. 
      

Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb