More African Adventures


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Kitale
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After 23 hours of travel a hotel room in Nairobi really looks great! We are traveling with Ashley, Sander, and Steven, three college age students as we head back to Kitale for two weeks of working with Helping Hands Mission. This trip includes a youth conference, school visits, and a big celebration for Pastor Timothy and Florence as they celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. Over 1000 people are expected at this celebration so we are looking forward to see what this gathering will look like.

In the morning we will travel out to Kitale by van (around 7 hours) and the youth conference will already be under way so there will be no time to be tired! The conference had to be rescheduled for the weekend. Because of a teacher strike students have to return to school in Aug. when normally they would have vacation so the scheduled time would not work.

Our bags are full of school supplies, crafts, soccer balls, and children's tylenol. We're allowed 50 lbs in each bag and ours were just under. We know the two weeks will go extremely quickly but hopefully the goals can be accomplished and we can be an encouragment to the believers and be used in His Kingdom.

Advertisement



3rd August 2013

I\'ve thought and prayed for you and even got your Mom\'s phone number, Gary, from Vi Johnson, to call for an update but have neglected to do so. Happy to see this e-mail this morning. My left hand doesn \'t want to cooperate at the computer so stay away fom it much of the time. Coming this way???? Love, Gladys
5th August 2013

Thanks!
Thanks for the blog entry. Glad to know you are back in Kenya and ready to serve our God in a wonderful way. I will pray for your mission.
5th August 2013

Thanks!
Thanks for the blog entry. Glad to know you are back in Kenya and ready to serve our God in a wonderful way. I will pray for your mission.
10th August 2013

Interesting happenings in Africa
I love hearing about your travels and good works. Sherri just finished her second stint as DVBS director, and is heaving a sigh of relief. Please keep posting andknow that prayers are going your way

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb