The Road to Nairobi


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
October 18th 2015
Published: October 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday morning at about 6:30 we got a cab from our house to the bus station. Denver to DC was an easy 3 hours. We had enough of a layover to eat and then we were off to Zurich for a 7.5 hour flight. They had TVs, although Sarah's sound didn't work so we had to run a splitter off of my sound and try to time up the movies. Worked great for Inside Out (Katy, really funny movie but I can't see the kiddos watching it) but not so great for Jurassic World (sorry Cliff, it just wasn't good). Switzerland was all clouded over so we didn't get to see the Alps. About 2 hours later we were on our next flight from Zurich to Nairobi...for another 7.5 hours in the air....ugh. Swiss Air was a pain leading up to the trip with not letting us select our seats but it worked out just fine.

We arrived in Nairobi at 6:40 pm. Customs was easy. Our hotel shuttle wasn't there as they should have been but we were able to call the hotel and they sent a very friendly guy. Our shuttle driver was a big Obama fan. The 67 airport hotel is pretty nice although we don't have a lot to compare it to yet.

And that was really it. Pretty easy start to the trip. Tomorrow morning we get picked up and the fun will begin!!! Very exciting!!!

PS - weird that NFL Sunday is just starting. Had to do a quick fantasy football check. Dad, you're going down!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb