Happy Holidays


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
December 28th 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We hope you have a very Happy Christmas and we wish you all the very best for 2012!



We enjoyed a week at the beach before Christmas, with some friends. It was lovely being at Tiwi Beach again, by far my favourite Kenyan beach so far. Although the scorpions and other creepy crawlies tried to ruin our holiday. I really am a beach person, and loved watching the kids enjoying the beach and watching their swimming progress. Charlotte is now trying to swim unaided and is not worried about water splashing on her face (big improvement there), and Hayley is swimming with arm bands by herself. It is probably not where their swimming should be, but we find Nairobi too cold to swim, so this week at the coast was some precious swim time.



We had Murrays sister Gillian and her family, Max and Ariana join us on Christmas Eve. It is lovely to have them here. We enjoyed Christmas together and then Murrays parents will join us on New Years Eve for a month, which we are very excited about. Emma was 2 weeks old last time they saw her, she will turn 1 while they are with us.



Christmas Day was spent at Hope House cuddling some babies. As we were leaving we had a wee moment, "this is not how these babies should be spending their first christmas". It definitely helps put things in perspective. We went home to prepare the christmas chickens and to open some presents.



We hope you have a lovely Christmas, remembering the reason we give presents for us, is Jesus being given as a gift to the world. Which our video-making-Peter-Jackson moment, ie. the Christmas movie we made with the kids, helped us keep alive to our kids.



Happy Holidays!

Love Miriam, Murray, Char, Haylz & Ems.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb