Hakuna Matata


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jambo !! (hello in Swahali)

How amazing. I can't believe how much I have seen here in just a week. It is sooo sooo much to take in. The people, the culture, the landscape, and of course the ANIMALS. It is my last day in the Masai Mara today. How depressing! Would really luv to stay a bit longer and maybe cross over to Tanzania for a day or so.. but not part of the plan. However, a few interesting things I did see... well there is a disaster here in Kenya, there has been no rain for so long, they have declared for help. There are so many animal carcasses, they just can't survive, no rain = no grass = no food. It is a pity. I mean thousands... it is really unreal. The animals are so week, they are literally getting eaten alive because they can't escape there predators. We have been witnessing it with our own eyes the whole time. So sad. And such is life, that there is nothing we can do to help. We did see some lions with a fresh kill... we watched them eat the buffalo from 20 feet away, you could hear them tearing the meat...ewwwww. On the upside... the lion cubs are absolutely adorable.. .and still too young to eat meat really, so they just play with bones, and run around with animal legs in there mouths... it's much cuter than it sounds... haha. So much to tell and not so much time... internet is super hard to come by here, and expensive. Will be more updates and hopefully pictures when I get to dad's in a couple days!! Tomorrow we are head back into Nairobi to catch a flight to Ghana to hang out with Pa for a couple weeks. Cheers all !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb