Every little girl dream...


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province » Nairobi
January 30th 2021
Published: March 13th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Tanya always wanted to stay at this place. Yes, it's a little girl dream place. Slight issues....beside the hefty price, normal bookings need to be made a minimum of 18 months ahead. This is obviously pre-covid issue. So Covid came, and a room was available on the right day...one room left two months before the big day! So we booked! Little would Tanya or I be aware that 48 hours before our flight from Dubai to Nairobi, Tanya tested positive to Covid! No more plane, welcome 10 days isolation!



The good news with solid places such as the Giraffe Manor...they have learn to work with a flexible mind. We knew we were coming...it would just be a little later. Actually, it ended being exactly two weeks behind the big day. They have 12 rooms, and on our night, 8 were booked. This is not bad in such a pandemic. I believe they still maintain over 80% occupancy during the last few months. Amazing, but what a place!



Check-in is between 12pm and 1 pm. They came to pick up us in our "other" hotel in Nairobi. The check-out is also exactly at 10am. Most people will stay one night...so it's a full 22 hours show. If you do not make it to the Manor, they have the Conservancy next doors. Few pictures were taken there too. Guests at the Manor are privately guided to the Conservancy whenever they wish. The giraffes spend most of their time here during the day.



By 5pm, it's tea time at the Manor...and 6 giraffes come to say hi while the guests enjoy the afternoon tea on the outside terrace. It's fun, you cannot even imagine. Staffs are super pro...and yes, all cameras are out! Just before sunset, the giraffes return to the conservancy...we got changed ready for few drinks and dinner.



Our room is simply sublime. We have our own huge private terrace...and by 6am the giraffe are back to greet your day at your window. The hotel provide "pellets", candies for the giraffe, so the tall giants just come for a little green treat! It's so much fun, and you see it...kissing do happen too!



Next, you go down for breakfast. Giraffes are still there. They actually stay with you all way long till around 9am. These giraffes have all been rescued and are all over 2 years old and wouldn't be able to go back to the wild. So they got used to the human contact...and the many treats!



It's impressive how well organized is the full experience. The staffs are simply amazing...always there....but never too much. Food was simple, but really nice too. And this is being Africa, the Gin and Tonic moments on the terrace were aplenty!



Ten am came, and our transfer to the airport. As nothing goes smoothly during Covid time, Emirates had moved our flight from 3pm to midnight, so we spent our afternoon playing the lazy ones by the swimming pool of an hotel next to the airport.



So here it is, Kenya, that was a wrap! Few nights, but so amazing! Next entry was not even planned before the trip started...but flexibility is the key in 2021!



Hope you enjoy the pictures of these amazing 22 hours!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb