Safari on the Maasai Mara


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Mombasa
March 7th 2006
Published: March 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

March 7th, 2006,
Day 61 of our cruise of 105
First of 2 sea days
We have left Kenya and are heading to the Seychelles Islands

The safari was exhausting, thrilling, enriching; a good opportunity to compare a game reserve (in white South Africa) and the great outdoors of the wilds of Africa (we were on a Maasai preserve with no fences to keep the animals from migrating in the interior of black Kenya). Granny, see excursion Maasai Mara page 27 of the excursion book.
We slept in a good strong tent with an armed guard; 3 sides of our Mara Safari Club were bordered by the Mara River, the other side by an electric fence. One of the pictures shows our own baby hippo with family on the bank of the Mara River in front of our tent.
We were brought to a Maasai village where the people danced for us, invited us into their mud and dung huts and sold us their crafts.
The safari ride was exhilarating as the rains have come early and the four wheel drive, 14 year old Land Rovers with pop out roof were skidding in and out of deep black muddy ruts and gushing river beds.
I repeat we are exhausted.

Thank you B & Joc for the updates
Hello my children, hello granny.

Ttys, love to all





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



7th March 2006

Just wow!
So looking at your pics and wishing i was there with you...I want to go to africa one day so i hope you got alot of pictures...and the safari wow mom your cooler now!! Hot there eh...well its soooo cold here...the wind is nuts! Mom theres a Strike going on here have you heard about it? all Colleges! Usually i would be happy about this but honest im hoping its only a few days! Looking forward to more blogs and pics...keep them coming!xox Luv you guys!

Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb