RCDOM Commemoration


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Mombasa
December 3rd 2022
Published: January 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

We held a commemoration celebration for the Rastafari Community Development Office on Saturday the 3rd of December. On the Ethiopian calendar, this is the day of the Kahinate Semaye (heavenly priests) who appear in the Book of Revelations. It was an appropriate day, we felt, to praise His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I and to celebrate the opening of this mission for community development.

InI the founding members (Ras Franklin, Ras Simba, and myself) were joined by some Sistren and Bredren from the greater Mombasa area who made the trod to visit the library for the first time and join us in Ilabrations. We held Nyahbinghi ises, ate exclusively fruits, and held reasonings. We were joined by video call with Ras Untunga of THE ETHIOPIAN WORLD FEDERATION, INC, who made a powerful presentation on the importance of Haile Selassie I to African history and to the future of Africa. The RCDOM group will now pursue establishment of an ETHIOPIAN WORLD FEDERATION, INC local in Mombasa. Many children from the neighborhood also joined us in drumming and chanting.

Because of the solemnity of the occasion, and to respect privacy, we did not take photos or videos inside the event. I do have these photos of a flier we made to promote the RCDOM, as well as the splendid Imperial Ethiopian flags that were on display that day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 35; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb