Where on earth is Malabo?


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Mombasa
January 21st 2020
Published: January 21st 2020
Edit Blog Post

In quick answer to the question - Equitorial Guinea. Which is also where my luggage is currently sitting due to the check-in people at Heathrow putting the wrong tags on my bag.



So i arrived in Mombasa to meet Alain after connecting at Addis Ababa (one of the lesser airport hubs it has to be said) to have a small argument with the baggage handlers over my bag. We hope the bag can be sent back to Nairobi where i can pick it up in a couple of days but there is a very real risk of me doing the first 3 weeks with the clothes i am wearing. I have popped out in Mombasa to buy a few essentials including "Senselove" pants, a rather tasteful Africa shirt and a pair of flip flops for £1. In order to get to Nairobi we will be camping so i also bought some sheets to sleep under (which may include a limited amount of cotton).



And so to the car, which is still taking its time. We now know it has left the port having sat in Customs for several days and is now heading to the bonded warehouse where we can take it out the container and with a hint of luck be on the road before the end of tomorrow. Poor James will be hanging out on his own in Nairobi tomorrow but we hope to get to him the day after tomorrow.



Not the best of starts but we hope things will improve tomorrow. A generous facilitation charge has been offered to the port agent to get Nelly out by lunchtime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st January 2020

Mmm mmm mmmmm. That is a tasty burger.
Gotta love Africa. Cant wait to experience the senselove. Good luck gentlemen.
22nd January 2020

C has requested a photo of you in your new attire, I hope she means the shirt, the world does not need a photo of you in senselove ....
23rd January 2020

just got my clothes back. will send photo in due course. we are clear and made it to Nairobi. will send details when we get a break.

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb