Green Tortoise


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Western » Sekondi-Takoradi
September 21st 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This weekend was an absolute blast. A group of about 10 spent the long 4 day holiday weekend at the Green Turtle Lodge in Dixcove, a small town outside of Takoradi. We had planned on going into Takoradi and spending one afternoon there, but we pretty much ended up just hanging out on a beautiful beach not wanting to leave. It was amazing to me how cheap it was to stay there (approx $3 a night in a tent) and have only maybe 30 people at most on a 2 mile long stretch of beach. Palm trees, sand crabs, outside showers, amazing rough waves, great food, and really interesting people, were just a few things that helped make this weekend fabulous. We got to know a few ex-peace corps guys who had just finished 27 months of work in Mali. They had some really great and intense stories, and now I feel like, if they could do that, my trip should be easy-peasy. We also met some British guys who were our age and they were volunteering as football coaches in Accra for a few months. The company at the Lodge was fantastic and the Lodge itself is the definition of paradise. It’s an Eco-Lodge where they compost everything, use solar power and small lanterns at night. The British couple that owns the lodge had gone to England to have their baby, but hopefully we’ll get to meet them when we go back for the Turtle mating/hatching season.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb