Day Thirty-Six; Thursday, April 10 '08


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
April 10th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up and went to Christ which was a lot of fun today. I let the kids play with my hair which left it pretty disgusting and dirty.

In the afternoon I went to Jahwill's with Teal, Matt, and Diana. We helped him take down his store because of the rain which was actually a lot of work. I can't believe he does that every morning and night. He took us to a different village with secluded waterfalls which was about 20 minutes past Christ Orphanage. When we arrived we were informed that we were all supposed to bring a bottle of gin to the chief for use of the waterfalls because we were white. When Jahwill told them we didn't have gin they wanted $2.00 each from us. Jahwill fought with them for over half an hour about how we were volunteers and don't have any money. We eventually ended up paying and by then it was almost dark.

We finally got to the trail and were told we'd have to walk through the jungle to get to the wateralls. We walked through the bush for over half an hour before we arrived. It was beautiful. It's a series of five waterfalls that are basically one atop another. We climbed the first two. The bottom fall housed a beautiful little lagoon that I definitely want to visit again. Sitting on the top of a waterfall definitely makes you feel like you're sitting on top of teh world. It's indescribable.

On the way back down the mountain it was pretty much pitch black outside. It was really hard to see anything which was actually kind of scary.

On the way home our taxi broke down shich was pretty much the icing on the cake. When your taxi breaks down in Ghana you do still have to pay for your ride.

We FINALLY got back to Hohoe and we ate supper out of plastic garbage bags on the side of the street. They stick spaghetti, sauce, and chicken together in a garbage bag and give it to you to eat with your hands.

We went to Malaysia's for Teal's last night out.

Miss everyone!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb