Mole II


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Northern » Mole National Park
March 23rd 2007
Published: March 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tamale MarketTamale MarketTamale Market

This is the entrance to a market in Tamale. It was a friendly place to be.
Breakfast at the Al Hassim was simple but plesant, and the waitress was really friendly as well. We found our way to the sation to catch the bus to Mole. The bus station was crowded and noisy. Everyone was yelling to get our attention, which is an unplesant part of being here. Every taxi driver thinks you need a ride somewhere, every vendor trys to get your attention, a fellow giving tours on a motor cycle grabbed my arm as I passed. I hate being grabbed and pulled on. When we finnally found the guys to buy tickets from they scolded us for not coming when they called us over. I hate that part too. As though everyone isn't calling us, but there isn't much to say about it except sorry.

Tickets in hand we had a few hours to kill in Tamale. We wandered in the direction of the mosque. It was a rather impressive building. Simple, but huge. The market was nice as well. I think Tamale dosen't get as many tourists as down south, so everyone's a little more laid back about the obruni sightings and fewer people spoke english. The dress was different as well. More islamic, if that's okay to say. The women wore head scarves and long robed dresses and the men wore long garments as well.

In the market, we took a picture of one of the alleys and immediately got yelled at by a woman's husband that we wern't to take pictures of her without permission. We told him we were taking a picture of the alley and she wasn't even in it, but he wasn't convinced

Advertisement



25th April 2007

pictures!
Hey, send some pictures!
28th April 2007

patience is a virtue! especially in ghana i'll do what I can

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb