Dr Abortion


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Eastern » Old Tafo
June 26th 2011
Published: July 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

NkokoNkokoNkoko

I played this level on COD with Andy. Kill the terrorists and the dogs, but don't kill the hostages.
I went to a town called Nkoko on Saturday afternoon, its a bigger village about 45 min's from where I'm staying. The taxi's are frustrating round here though, I think they've played the computer game Crazy Taxi and think that's actually how taxi's are meant to work. They go as fast as they can, swerving round animals and people in the road at 80mph, and jumping over hills. They also collect loads of people on the way to destinations, so a 45 min taxi ride will take 2 hours as they pick up and drop off other people. There were 8 people in the car at one point today, and it should only fit 5 at best. There were 3 people in the front passenger seat ffs!

It can be difficult to buy stuff in Nkoko as there's no prices on anything. I ask how much, and they just respond with "how much you want to pay". I can barely remember how much the currency is worth anyway, as I converted first from Canadian Dollars to English Pounds, and then had to be converted back into US Dollars, and then into the Ghanaian currency. I don't want to end up
Dr AbortionDr AbortionDr Abortion

Would still like to watch this to see if Golum is actually in the film with the Predator and Danny Glover
saying I'll pay equivalent of $45 for a bag of rice. Not again. That's another thing about over here. Everything is in plastic bags. Water comes in a bag, not a bottle. So does cooked rice, cooked spaghetti with sauce, and even soup and hot chocolate. I might go on the Ghanian version of Dragons Den with brand new items called 'container'™ and 'bottle'™ .

I was told there was a cinema in Nkoko, but I couldn't find it. Closest thing I saw was a guy who had posters on the side of his shop for various DVD's that you could go and watch inside. The title Dr Abortion sounded interesting. Maybe a bit like Dr Doolittle, but he talks to the dead fetuses? Also they had a poster for a film called Aliens, which was just a picture of a Predator and someone who looks like Danny Glover, who's wearing a shirt with Golum from Lord of The Rings on the front. Looking back, that actually might have been pretty good. Might check it out next time I go.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Maple LeafsMaple Leafs
Maple Leafs

Going global
NkokoNkoko
Nkoko

Not much to do there
HeadcaseHeadcase
Headcase

Case on head
Power outPower out
Power out

Power went out in internet cafe. Owner said it ran on solar power. There were no clouds, it was 30 degrees outside, and pretty sunny as you can see from the windows. Think we need new sun.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb