We Found Him!!


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Ashanti
February 20th 2011
Published: February 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In The FleshIn The FleshIn The Flesh

"The King" posing with his wife and daughters. Time does have a way of changing our appearance.
His skin has a little more color than what I saw in his pictures many years ago. The hair a little shorter with more of a tendency to curl. Now with a wife (who also has a lot of color) and young children.

He’s not in Kansas or hiding in Cincinnati. How clever to hide himself in the center of this West African country. Nobody thought to look here … We met him at a teachers conference (of all places). He received his bible training in the same organization Kirk and I attended - Youth With A Mission. We are of the same mind, motivation and spirit. We look forward to working with him in the future. We found … Elvis!

********************************

The kids in our house have a strong desire to do evangelism. After a time of training, in Matthew chapter 10, Jesus sent His disciples out. He told them to go Preach, Teach and Heal. This week, in addition to our regular schedules, we will prepare for our own Mini Discipleship Training School which will begin Friday evening. It is my hope to have one weekend per month, for us as a family and a few selected friends, when we separate ourselves and focus on discipleship training.

Three of our girls complete their school exams in mid April. We are all eager! After exams the girls will help me teach in Apebouso during the week. On the weekends we’ll break out the ministry puppets, choreography CDs and join up with a few evangelists. By all means Elvis will be one of them.

Who’d a thought Elvis would become a pastor!?
Christine & Co






Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb