Ashanti Region, it is!


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Ashanti
October 6th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
Monday: After our breakfast, I took several photos of the Adomi Bridge. Today, we traveled 214 miles from Akosombo to Kumasi, the Ashanti Region. We made one stop after the rest stop, that was at an outdoor famers-type market, where we purchased tomatoes and oranges. Upon our arrival in Kumasi, we (after 6 hours on the road), enjoyed a late lunch at the Jofel Restaurant. I had seafood soup and chips(fries).
This was a long journey. But we passed through several cities and townships. The photo-opps. were great and quite colorful. While on the bus, our tour guide, Nathan informed us about several festivals which take place in several cities and regions in Ghana. While the spelling may be off, the sounded names of the festivals are: deepo - Akosombo area; Autofeo - the Accra area and Grabra in the Kumasi area. These festivals are done before the initiation of young girls into womanhood. Will write tomorrow.

Advertisement



9th October 2008

Good Post
I am enjoying your blog. Good details. Be Blessed.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb