A Precious Life


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Ashanti
September 21st 2008
Published: September 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Clean Up CrewClean Up CrewClean Up Crew

Emmanuel, Frank, Evans and Christopher eagerly cleaning some student desks and chairs.
Biblical understanding may be lacking in Africa but they have a better grip and understanding of where “life” comes from. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard an African “blame God” for sickness or accidents. Or even accuse Him of “allowing it to happen”. They have the very basic understanding that we live in a fallen world. Bad things happen and God’s not to blame. They function day to day in the realization that life is fragile.

The church I attend on Sundays have 20-30 minutes of open microphone. The focus of this time is “Thanks”. Not just any thanks but giving thanks to God for a particular blessing or recent event. My mind and heart were touched today by two people in particular. Separately they led the congregation in a praise song thanking the Lord for another year of life. Simply that God has granted them another birthday to celebrate. Not a celebration with cakes and candles. Not a celebration with gifts and parties. They are asking the congregation to join them in celebrating by … thanking God. Yes, life is precious and life is fragile. Each day and each year truly are a gift from God.

***********************************
We
Evelyn and RuthEvelyn and RuthEvelyn and Ruth

Cleaning the "school store".
had very happy students as school re-opened last Tuesday. The first week of school in Africa is always spent cleaning the school and the grounds. The teachers return to their schools village and reestablish their own “village life”. It’s not until the second week that classes really resume.

Our senior students have moved on so the days seem a bit quiet. Pray for us this next week as we attempt to organize ourselves and find a new routine.

A quote worth passing on;
Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Wishing you a happy and “Thankful” week.
Christine & Co



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Expanding HorizionsExpanding Horizions
Expanding Horizions

Introducing Eric, Prince, Boadi and Praise to a fret saw; or do we call it a jig saw? Either way the students wanted to make a sign stating; on school grounds we only speak english. Such good students we have!
Tom BrownTom Brown
Tom Brown

Regina and Emilia are toasting corn, peanuts, and beans. When finished we will take them to the grinding machine where they will be mixed into what we call "Tom Brown". This is Praises favorite (hot)breakfast cereal


Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb