Wo(ah)-man dancing in Assendabo


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Oromia Region » Jimma
February 6th 2010
Published: February 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Night finally came. One of the girls had the schedule down, “Time goes by quickly from 8 till 12, then 12 to 4 you’re like, damn this is taking long, then 4-7 you’re like damn that went fast, then you wait for 9 and can finally go to bed.” Our party started at 8. We had some snacks including 20 of these muffin sized fried breads called Kokar that the girls busted out early. The party was the 9 of us students and maybe 5 or so of the townspeople that helped the Assendabo group. We went into the detached side room with the drapes which was actually a pretty big room. There was a dining table right when you entered with maybe eight chairs, and on the other side of the room, separated by maybe twenty feet or so, was a coffee table, couch, and two pseudo-recliners. The bar maidens brought in a case of beers, and it took some prodding but everyone eventually started dancing.

It was getting hot in the room, it was late, the party appeared to be winding down, and maybe half of our student gang went to bed. Lucky for those of us still up, the reserves were called in: four women/girls that worked at the hotel. The oldest lady in the bunch who was maybe forty? fifty? could really get down. It looked like she was standing perfectly still except her ample buttocks which was gyrating perfectly to the music. We were all mesmerized, “How does she do that?” “I am going to have to practice in front of the mirror.” At this point none of the students were dancing, it was just the local girls and maybe 1 or 2 of the local guys. We were all having a great time watching this new dancing queen. A native love song came on and she danced by herself with so much passion and enthusiasm; it was hilariously terrific. Ethiopians are into the same sex dancing and this woman went over and pulled one of the students onto the dance floor. The student looked horrified; she braced herself like a dog on a leash that didn’t want to go to the vet, full body weight committed to not leaving her chair. She lost the tug of war and was on the dance floor getting grinded on like no other. It was absolutely the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. I luckily remembered my camera and got some good shots of her getting pinned up against the wall by this woman. She finally let her go in exchange for the next girl who could not keep her shit together she was laughing so much. Another local girl came over and sandwiched the student and you could tell the student was laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe. She was like “I could handle the one chick, but both of them humping me back and forth? I couldn’t take it.” The woman grabbed me and we danced tastefully. We eventually went to bed, that’s the royal we, not me and the woman going to bed together.

The next day we got breakfast at a local café and checked out the Saturday market. The market was pretty colorful; there were handicrafts section, trinket section, clothes, spices, foods, etc. They had chillies in these huge bags that were about a foot in radius and five feet high, it was insane. Enough about Assendabo, we went home after the market in another cramped minibus. The driver did appear to be concerned for safety as people were only allowed to sit in proper seats.


Advertisement



6th February 2010

OMG, I was laughing so much, can't wait to see those pictures !!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb