Holy Land and Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
February 28th 2016
Published: February 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Never in a million years did I think I would be standing in front of the Great Pyramids of Egypt, much less climbing up in one of them! What an experience, but not for someone who couldn't climb straight up while bent over at the waist! Once you made it ot the top, you had to get back down the same way....bent over and climbing very narrow steps of sorts. Some tried it backwards and other frontwards...but we all made it! It was hot,, narrow, and a tough climb, but worth it!

Today we rode camels and climbed sand dunes to get a better view of the pyramids. We saw the Sphinx and more pyramids. We saw step pyramids that I didn't even know existed. They are pyramids that are built up 10-12 feet then they take a step in and continue like that all the way to the top.



We went to a ruins of states which included a huge statue of Ramses II and a smaller version of the Sphinx. We watched people make oriental rugs and tie knots o fast we couldn't even tell what they were doing. We saw original designs of students at the rug tying school. We drove around a city that is filed with many different life styles including many poor people. We saw cars, taxis, tricycle taxis, horse carts, donkeys, camels...I could go on and on. Most of all we saw a city with a huge problem with traffic. People drive in the lane, out of the lane, and right down the middle. Horns honk and you'd better watch out!

Many pictures and experiences later we are back at the hotel for our last night Tomorrow night we start the long trek home...and boy is it a long one. We will be 24 hours, three planes, three countries AND continents, and at least three trips through customs before we make it back to Tyler County, WV but make it we will! Nite all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



3rd March 2016

Quite the journey
Thanks for sharing. It felt as though I was there. I really liked that you included the Bible verses. Cannot wait to see some additional pictures. Great Blog??

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb