Egyptian "friends"


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
December 30th 2011
Published: January 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

one has a million helpful friends in egypt!



upon arrival at Cairo airport, i needed to take a shuttle to the next terminal in order to take bus 356 to downtown cairo. many naysayers, bus is late, no bus, bus is slow, bus dirty thus clothes get dirty and that was just for the airport shuttle. (ok ok they only denied existence of the airport shuttle which i waited only 5 minutes for).

i waited maybe 15 minutes more for the airport to cairo connection. i was just about to cave and take a taxi, as the bus stand was darkish and mostly deserted and all of the buses were in dismal shape, when the mad max bus zipped in and the driver jumped out and motioned for me to get aboard. we seemed to be saying the same thing, him heavily accented (or was that me?), so i did. off we sped, welcome welcome to Cairo Egypt.

it cost 2 egyptian pounds for me and another 2 for my bag on the seat(66 cents US-not the 50 EP a taxi would have cost). i didn't begrudge the bag charge as i did take up a second seat with it. i have more to say but not the time nor inclination as this isnt woking properly on my 'smart' phone, so i give up.

***** i did get on a desktop so i have corrected errors, and made revisions.

i am going to check who is a facebook friend and not but i am sorry to say that i will probably do a lot more facebooking, including the pics, as it will be far easier!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb