Sharm El Sheik


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
May 20th 2006
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping

Kirk found friends who like to sleep as much as he does....on the flight from Luxor to Sharm.
Landed at midnight and tough getting cab. We all headed to the Pigeon House in Na'aama Bay. Everyone was tired but I got the team to rally and hit the town at 2am. Ended up at Little budha for a few hours of partying and the to sleep at 5am.

The next day, Kirk and I hit the beach and discovered that the majority of visitors are Russian...and the women wear very skimpy suits. No complaining from either of us. We got massages in the afternoon and then visited the Old market for a late lunch. Kirk of course finally needed to nap (that's his favorite activity) and by 9pm, he could not get up. It was our last night together, a Saturday night in Sharm, and he could not get up. UGH!!!!

I of course went to town alone and met up with some other travelers. It was a quiet night though.

The next morning at breakfast, I meet up with other travelers and swap stories (bus trips in Laos, diving in Thailand, shopping tricks in Indonesia). This facinated Kirk and I'm happy he got to experience the relationship travelers have.

Kirk headed to the airport
Police PresencePolice PresencePolice Presence

With the World Economic Conference in town and the recent bombings still fresh on people's minds, the police were EVERYWHERE in Sharm.
and I jumped a bus to Dahab. I'm looking forward to some diving there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

More SleepingMore Sleeping
More Sleeping

He flies all the way to Egypt and on his last night of his travels, Kirk sleeps while I go out and sample the nightlife of Sharm.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb