Luxor


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
May 18th 2006
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We caught the night flight from Cairo to Luxor. Upon landing, we headed to the Happy Land hotel which was recommended to us by other travelers. It's a clean, good hotel but the owners can be a bit pushy about using their tour services. We partook of dinner on the roof of the hotel and then called it a night.

The next day we set out late and across the river to the East Bank to take in the many Temples and Ruins. It was a HOT day. After visiting a few sites, a cab driver tol Kirk that he should get the Arab Brother discount at various tourist sights because Kirk has a Lebonese Passport. After that, Kirk usually paid only cents compared to my big $10 and $15 fees. Anna Lebnane!!

We headed back across the river for some food and showers. That night we caught the UEFA Championship on TV at an Irish bar.

The next day we hit the Valley of Kings. We only visited three tombs but, we paid a bit, and got in and even took photos when its not allowed.

We had lunch at the cool Mohammed Cafe and headed
Gas ManGas ManGas Man

Here is the man who rides around town on his donkey-drawn cart and bangs on the gas tanks to let people know he is there for pickups! It is very irritating and wakes me up in the morning.
back across the river to see the Luxor Temple. That night we caught the light show at Karnac Temple where we met two Afro-American girls who were also heading to Sharm on the night flight. We all shared a cab and caught flight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

TombTomb
Tomb

One of the sarcophogus at the Valley of the Kings. We were not supposed to take photos but we 'backshished' the Egyptian guard and snapped photos (without flash of course as not to ruin the ruins).
Hieroglyphics Hieroglyphics
Hieroglyphics

Not sure what the images are meant to describe but I'll let y'all guess
Part Time JobPart Time Job
Part Time Job

I take the driver seat in the vehicle which pulls the trolley carts to transport visitors to the temple.


Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 34; qc: 161; dbt: 0.1408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb