Egypt - Pharaohs' trail


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt
December 14th 2009
Published: August 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Egypt trip


Journey to the past




Our Itinerary:Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan, Philea Temple, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, Luxor, Karnak, Valley of the Kings and Queens, Dahab, Mount Sinai -> Jordan

so as I mentioned this trip was the only one we had booked with a tour operator ever.... reason for that was that we had 20-ish days off and T was going through employer changes (same contract but different boss) and we did not know if we should go or not till the very last moment....it was definitely too late to book anything for ourselves; mostly due to the air fairs; and it was also a X-mas season....originally this trip was supposed to be Island Hoping in Caribbean but did not work out...we could still choose a cruise but we thought it is not really our way of travelling ;-) I remembered that our friends told us once that Flight Centre had a selection of adventure tours so we decided to check with them....they had loads to choose but only matching dates with ours were really India or 'Road to Jordan Tour'...As we had been to India before it was kind of easy choice. I was not amazed or excited about going to Egypt as most people in UK go there for Xmas (and we are not crowd followers hahha) but hey, we love history and always wanted to go there so why not;-)
It was booked with OnTheGoTours and we really really really recommend it. Perfect organisation, seemed thoroughly planned even to the detail of group mixing - so if you are jung you most likely to be with your age group etc Loved the tight schedule as this is exactly how we do out tours - limited time and loads to see and it was just fun and fabulous;-) Best parts I would say: Luxor, Falluca sailing for 2 days and Mt Sinai climb ;-) Egypt is not easy to travel on your own and some of the people from our tour took only a part of it and then attempted to do the rest themselves and they told us it was a nightmare sometimes hahha It is mostly down to the people who want to take money from you at all times and there is not a single advise you can get without sb showing you their palm with a question 'tip, tip Madam?' ;-) Our friends almost ended up on the train to somewhere in southern Africa and they wanted to go Alexandria haha So it was a good move to take a tour I suppose and we felt like we did it our way;-)




Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



6th September 2010

are you still stay in egypt

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb