Luxor - I updgrade that to bloody fricken hot!!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
July 3rd 2006
Published: July 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Karnak TemplesKarnak TemplesKarnak Temples

Statue of Ramses II and his wife at the Karnak Temples
This morning James was a tad under the weather. But it wasn't just due to the antics from the night before, it seems that the chicken from the previous day had caught up with him and he had a touch of the gastro. We both managed to get up that morning and do a tad of shopping in town, but by the afternoon, he stayed on the boat and in bed while I headed into town to visit the temples of Karnak.

We made our way by horse-driven carriages to the colossal group of temples built by a heap of different pharaohs at different times throughout the ages. It had over 130 columns in it's hypostyle hall - the most in the world - but i'm afraid I can't tell you too much more. It was about 50 degrees that afternoon and 35 in the shade (which there wasn't much of) so we were all a tad distracted by the heat and partly from the night-before, so we didn't exactly take in too much of the sites.

We consoled ourselves with icecream aftewards and returned to the airconditioned comfort of our boat. James was feeling a bit better by
Karnak Temples IIKarnak Temples IIKarnak Temples II

Hypostyle hall of 130-odd columns - the largest of its kind in the world.
then and managed to come down and have dinner and celebrate a girl on tour's birthday - Sara - who had happy birthday in Egyptian sung to her and danced with the Egyptian crew.

Early night tonight!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb