Luxor


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Luxor
September 7th 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Saturday 6th September,

Anwar drove us to the airport this morning, he had swapped with another driver to see us off as he was to start his annual leave today. Anwar is leaving for his pilgrimage to Mecca tomorrow, he seemed sad to say farewell and we will miss him too. We were transferred at the airport by a representative from South Sinai travel, he managed to get us upgraded to business class for the flight to Luxor.

We have been very impressed with the way South Sinai (representatives for Greece Med Travel who we booked through in Australia) have take care of us, at every hotel they have managed to get us an upgrade in Alexandria we were upgraded to a room overlooking the Montazah Park and the beach, in Cairo we were upgraded to a room over looking the Nile and the pool area and now in Luxor instead of staying in a standard room in the hotel annex we are staying in one of the actual palace rooms.

The flight to Luxor was only an hour, the Old winter Palace where we are staying is magnificent. We spent the morning through to early afternoon by the pool in the shade as the temperature was 40 degrees, it was great to have a rest day after all the sightseeing and hot weather. In the afternoon we took high tea in the Victorian room.

Sunday 7th September

Ron took the tour to Quena to visit Abydos Temple 3150BC by himself this morning as I was still suffering from an upset tummy that I have had for a few days. Ron also visited Dendara Temple on the way back. He said he had a good guide named Catherine and driver named George, he was the only one on the small mini bus. The mini bus left in a convoy of buses with police escort all the way there and back. Ron said it felt like being in a presidential motorcade, not stopping for anything except for one train.

When Ron returned we went on a short cruise on the Nile to view Luxor by sunset, it was very peaceful. Tonight we had dinner in one of the top restaurants at the hotel the "1886", it was a very grand setting, gentlemen are not allowed to dine without a jacket and tie. It was nice to treat Ron to a dinner in such a lovely setting as it is Father's Day today and he is a very caring a proud Dad, I am sure Ariana and Lauren would agree he is a fantastic Dad.

Off to bed early tonight as I still can't quite believe I agreed to go on a hot air balloon trip at 4.30am tomorrow morning, when on the short cruise earlier tonight the guy skippering the boat did a good sales job of signing us up for the hot air balloon trip in the morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The god of mothers and childrenThe god of mothers and children
The god of mothers and children

This god helps women give birth by making them laugh!


8th September 2008

hey guys these hotel pics r my fave so far!! yes alex i do agree the best dad!! by the way dad that car i wanted had just been sold :( hope u have fun in the hot air balloon xxx
8th September 2008

hey guys, blog looks great! love the photos and the daily updates keep it up. sounds like a great adventure. weather starting to pick up here but it looks magical there. love marie and daryl

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb