Aswan and Nubia


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Upper Egypt » Aswan
December 20th 2009
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Aswan and Nubia Following our amazing time in Alexandria we are keen for our next amazing adventure. It comes to us in an overnight train to Aswan. We arrive at the ticketing office in Alexandria and ask for a standard Egyptian train ticket to Aswan, where the locals travel. The ticket seller is surprised but sells us the ticket.

It's a 14 hour journey but we think no big deal right, we've done lots of train traveling before right? The train turns out to be a 14 hour ALL stops ride to Aswan. The train is constantly full of life at ALL hours of the day. Someone is smoking in the carriage, another listens to music on his/her phone whilst a a few men chat over there. We arrive to Aswan and locate a hotel.

Post finding the hotel we take a boat across the Nile to visit a Nubian village. Nubia is a region in Africa, located in Southern Egypt and Northern Sudan. It's one of Africa's oldest civilizations and dates back to 5000BC.

Nubians also built pyramids and have at times controlled all of Egypt, conquering the land from Egyptians and Assyrians.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb