Friday 13th good/bad


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Sharm el-Sheikh
February 27th 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

OKOKOK

says it all really
Not sure it is a good date to be doing our final exam for our Open Water certification, but nowt we can do about it now.


To get off to a good start we opted to breakfast at Camel, a feast for the condemed men sort of thing.

The plan for the day was part of the final exam, then head to the sea to do the final 2 course dives, and the optional get to know dive.
Oh my god I hate exams, and this one has 50 questions and you can only get 12 wrong "no pressure then"

Our dive boat for the day was the "Wasser". The course dives were tiring and exhausting, but at least we know we are equiped to cope with some things that can go wrong in the water now.
Still had time to look at the sealife on course dives (its not ALL work) Blue Spotted Ray, Moray Eel, Lion fish, NEMO and lots of Angel fish.


After lunch aboard we moved to a different dive site and took to the water under the watchful eye of Sven and set off to explore. It was fantastic, but
just hanging aroundjust hanging aroundjust hanging around

order a set of gills Please
oh so hard not to smile at the antics of little nemo. There were a couple of times my regulator almost fell out of my mouth when my jaw dropped at the amazing shoals of fish floating past us. All to soon it was over and we had to surface.


Back to dry land and finish the exam paper. There are down sides to all this fun (honest).
I am glad to say we both passed, one of us with more flying colours than the other, but the main thing is we both get the credit card sized pass to all the wonders 18m below the surface of warm seas.


CELEBRATE CELEBRATE CELEBRATE.



What can we eat after a day swimming with the fish, you guessed it seafood.
Couldn't face the red mullet, had swam with them earlier.

The Daneer seafood restaurant was divine.

Then we retired to a Shisha cafe where we lounged and sipped on multi coloured striped fruit juice but resisted the shisha pipe.


Two very happy "Divers" climbed the never ending steps to our hotel at the end of one of the best days of our
Moray eelMoray eelMoray eel

anyone got any Jelly
life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sea lifeSea life
Sea life

Fish/Coral who has the best colour
in the framein the frame
in the frame

honest I was framed
stripesstripes
stripes

Do I have to drink THAT


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb