Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Hurghada
December 2nd 2012
Published: March 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Egypt

From Birmingham to Egypt.


the beach an mountains
Okay.

I've just got back from a lovely holiday away with an old school friend, Jenny. After much deliberation and conversation we were able to decide on place to go we decided on Egypt. Dispite it being an All Inclusive/ resort holiday we did manage to get out and about a fair bit. We managed to visit vairious temples and tombs, Tutankhamun's tomb and a river boat trip accross the Nile and being able to visit the Sahara Desert ride a camel to see the bedouin people. An awful lot considering it was initally going to be a ''relax by the pool, maybe do a couple of excursions" kind of holiday. It would have been criminal if we hadn't of left the resort the memories and experiences we had are ones that I will never forget.

Am also excited to say that we managed to be able to gain a diving qualification also whilst we were out there. As we both had been told before we went out the diving the incredible and it is a MUST! The ammount of fish and marine life we saw was amazing. At one point we had a school of fish swimming arround our small dive group of 4. Then as we went deeper the instructor pointed to the right of me and told me to look. right next to me about a meter away was a school of baracuda. Needless to say I was little worried but it was like they weren't bothered that we were in their underwater world. Needless to say I was little worried but it was like they weren't bothered that we were in their underwater world.

I am truley gutted that I hadn't been able to take an underwater camera with me to take some shots but next time I wont be making the same mistake again.

Whilst we were out there we met some Austrian guys who were great, when either of us weren't out on trips we would hang out by the pool/beach and eat together. We have been invited to go and visit them some time in the not so distance future and we both look forward to out next trip away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

our new friendsour new friends
our new friends

L to R Anna (Me), Philip, Christian, Jenny
pool at dusk, sun set.pool at dusk, sun set.
pool at dusk, sun set.

this picture hasn't been edited
pool, sunset, mountainspool, sunset, mountains
pool, sunset, mountains

this picture hasn't been edited


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb