Cairo, Giza, Pyramids and Sphinx


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
December 19th 2009
Published: December 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Picture 010Picture 010Picture 010

Boarding flight for NY
We are having a great time here. We arrived in Cairo 3 hours late because of a sandstorm at the airport. We waited it out on the tarmac in Sharm el sheikh, which is on the red sea across from Saudi Arabia. When we finally got to Cairo we spent day 1 in Islamic Cairo, then onto a small island in the Nile which is where the American and British embassies are and some nice pubs and restaurants. On day 2 we woke up and saw the pyramids, sphinx and Egyptian museum. We took care to relax in their comfortable cafes, drinking hot peppermint tea, coffee and smoking sheeshah. We then took the overnight sleeper train to Aswan, which is in the far south. The 12 hour trip went by comfortably sleeping in our little cabin, watching Egypt pass by in the window.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Egyptian beerEgyptian beer
Egyptian beer

Nice beer had at Pub 28, a quaint and dark watering hole in Cairo on Zemalek island. Packed Wednesday night at 1am
Pyramids are very tall!!Pyramids are very tall!!
Pyramids are very tall!!

Look at the people for scale


19th December 2009

WOW
ONLY WOW... !!!!! really nice !!!! ... HAVE FUN!!!
19th December 2009

Cairo at night is magnificent.
So is Liliana on a parapet embracing the pyramids, and you by the plane. It looks your own private corporate jet :). Hey, where did you take the plane to? What is the temp and weather like? Also, there is 16"of snow up against the deck door. You were so lucky to leave when you did. Most east coast airports are at a complete standstill. Is there any way you can call me and Margaret? She is napping, the roasting chicken is in the oven, and Moses has no idea what to make of the snow. He went out when it was only 8", but not now :) I will bet Anise loves it too. the wind is 25-40 mph and temp is 22 degrees. Love, your mother who wishes she could be with you, or you with us :)

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb