Train trip to Nowhere


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post


30/09/08

We woke on the train, nice and fresh, ready for breakfast at 7.00am. Breakfast still hadn't come by 8.00am so the girls rang the bell for the steward to find out where breakfast was, he arrived in his pj's and slippers and said breakfast will be here soon, as we were supposed to be arriving in Aswan at about 8.10 am, 9am came and still no breakfast. By this time the girls were starving and we were hungry too, once again the stewards bell was rung. This time he told us brekfast was on its way and that we still had 7 hours to go till we reached Aswan. The train had broken down 50km out of Cairo, so we still had a long way to go. Luckily the train was quite comfortable and the cabins were air conditioned. On the bad side though we had a long way to go with 2 children and no food. The train had no food onboard for anybody as we were supposed to have arrived by now, and with only receiving 1 dinner and 1 breakfast, it was going to be a long trip.
We finally arrived in Aswan at about 4.00pm and transfered to the boat (or the floating motel as they call it) for our cruise. We were lucky the boat wasn't leaving today, as we may have missed it. The dining room crew served us a very late lunch. We had the dining room to ourselves. They brought out so much food, there was no way we could eat it all.
We missed all off this todays tours as we were on the train all day. There were more tours planned for the next day, so unless we sleep in we shouldn't miss them.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb