Got hurt pretty bad


Advertisement
Burkina Faso's flag
Africa » Burkina Faso » Centre » Ouagadougou
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, yeah I have bad news.

I hurt myself the other day. To make the story short, I was putting up Christmas lights on top of the wall surrounding my yard. This wall has little peaks on top of it, meant to hurt any thiefs. The chair I was on broke and thus while I fell, those peaks totally disfigured 2 fingers. It's only on the floor that I realized I was hurt when I noticed the blood pissing from my hand. I put really thigh bandages around my hand and Djeneba drove me to the clinic I work at. It wasnt pretty. They did more than 10 stiches on my hand with the only needle they had available, a round maternity needle, when the nurse would have wished he had triangular needles. I got lucky though, the nurse on duty that evening is a surgeon specialist and hes the only one with that speciality at the clinic. He did as best as he could but hurt the shit out of me. I was laying on that bed, holding the head of the bed with all the force I had in my other arm, put my lips tight together and yelled from inside. Did that about 20 times for about 1 hour if not more.

It was really not a cool story and i'm sorry to show you those pictures, since they are groce really, but some people wanted to see how bad it was. You can even see the inside part of my skin on there. ANyway.. GROCE it is!!

I am under anti-inflamatory meds and also one really good med against infection.

I also got my hair braided again, but this time with extensions. Its not fully done, still have some to finish in the back, but it gives you an idea of my head. 😊

I'll write more in a couple days when Courtney and Renee are here and also to show what we did for our African Christmas. 😊

Take care of you all, I'll try the same on my side, but it seems like I have no luck this past couples of days...
Wish me luck!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Eating Tabaski's meatEating Tabaski's meat
Eating Tabaski's meat

Djeneba brought back some sheep meat from the sheep her dad killed for Tabaski. It was really good!!


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb