The cute five of Africa


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana
September 24th 2017
Published: September 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Baby animals are fantastic to watch. We were lucky enough to see quite a few on this trip. According to KK quite a few of the animals we encountered do not have their babies until the wet season which is in the summer months. This is to increase the survival rates for herd animals like Impala, Zebras and others. So we saw quite a lot of pregnant animals.

Baby elephant

The baby elephants were particularly engaging because you can see them learning from their parents and other herd members. It's also great to watch when the herd is moving, because the parents protect the babies from harm like our waterhole scene. Over the eight days of the safari we saw hundreds of elephants but we never tired of watching the family interactions.

Baby Hippo

Hippos spend a lot of time in the water so it was harder to observe their babies. However, we did see quite a few on land which enabled us to see their cute offspring.

Baby Baboon

Baboons are plentiful in Botswana so we got to see plenty of cute babies including an engaging baby who was learning how to climb. He was literally in front of us in a tree and was playing up while practicing his swinging skills.

Vervet Monkey

Little monkeys are so cute, and there were a number of encounters with the Vervet Monkeys who live in large family groups.

Lion cubs

On our last safari drive we were lucky enough to see a pride of lions complete with a few cubs. According to KK they were about 12 months old but were still very cute. I just love how relaxed the whole pride was in our presence.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb