Day 6 - Zimbabwe to Botswana


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana
June 14th 2019
Published: June 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we started off viewing the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls. They err even more impressive from that side as we could walk almost the whole distance.

After that, we hopped in the car with ours river, Mortimer, who drove us across the border to Botswana. Border control was confusing but since Mortimer knew his way around, it was very smooth. Botswana is very concerned about foot and mouth disease so both our tired and shoes needed to be disinfected in the way In.

We got to our next stop on the Chobe river just in time for lunch. Unfortunately, they misunderstood my pepper allergy and lunch was a bit of a gong show - but eventually it was all sorted out. We relaxed after lunch until our afternoon game boating expedition.

We had s relaxing trip along the river where we saw lots of hippos, elephants, some crocodile and a few new type of antelope. The river is the border between Botswana and Namibia so it was interesting to hear stories from the guide about the border.

We had s nice dinner and have now come back to the room to relax. Another interesting day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb