VftK issue 7 - Numbers update and little else..


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East » Gaborone
October 28th 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A very brief word from the kitchen tonight.


Tonight we have been royally entertained by the BCA - consequently today's Blog, courtesy of the Hydration Minister and the Minister Without Porfolio (aka Reeves & Reeves) will appear tomorrow sometime.

Running Totals

Children sessions run today amounted to around 78 bring our running total to around 845.

We also completed assessments on a further 18 coaches.

Mini World Cup.

Has struck technical diffilculties. Monday's 'quarter-final' between India and South Africa was abandoned following 4 floodlight failures during the first half of the game. A replay was planned for tonight. However the repairs (flushing the Generator set radiator) )proved inadequate and the lights again failed in the second quarter-final on Tuesday evening between Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka. With little remedial action obvious, your editor crossed the darkened field to get an on-spot-report from the generator shed. By the light of the groundsman's mobile phone, together we diagnosed a water pump failure. So with no prospect of replacement parts tuning up until Thursday, the committee determined no replays were possible and nett run rate would see both India and Zimbabwe through to the semifinals.Gaborone now waits with baited breath to see if the lights will shine out on Thursday evening..........


Thats all for now




Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0875s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb