Bike Ride


Advertisement
Benin's flag
Africa » Benin
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

These pictures are also from a while ago... The HIV/AIDS awareness bike trip was in April 2007, and covered the enitre Mono/Coufo region and followed the old train tracks. It was a wonderful trip. See www.peacecorps.gov/volunteerjournals to read more about the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Take OffTake Off
Take Off

We slept in Aplahoue and took off from there. After about four kilometers on the tar road, we turned left and had great ride through side and rutted roads, and waited for the population to arrive. This is of where we turned left.
Bike LineBike Line
Bike Line

If nothing else, the villagers will remember the yovos coming into town with these really pretty bikes...
Are those... Socks?Are those... Socks?
Are those... Socks?

We were the novelty, and any action we made was interesting. Here, Jacy puts on socks for the day's ride.
FlamboyantFlamboyant
Flamboyant

The tree lives up to its name when it blooms- this is in the commune of Athieme, chez moi, and is another colonial-era post on the river. And a bunch of yovos beneath the tree.
Benches ArriveBenches Arrive
Benches Arrive

We needed a place to sit and for the villagers to sit while we talked to them, so the young kids when and sought out some benches. It only takes one head per bench.
The EndThe End
The End

We raced from the last village to the beach, through a lot of strong wind, and didn't bother to even skinny-dip in the ocean once arrived. We just jumped on in. (We skinny-dipped later...)


22nd September 2007

I think there is the same Flamboyant tree in Jamaica. In fact, it was blooming when i was there last (just in august). I asked Damon what it was called; he didn't know....not quite the help I wanted:). haha P.S. I don't think you are supposed to mention the skinny dipping part on the internet. ;)

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb