lazy sunday afternoon


Advertisement
Northern Mariana Islands' flag
Oceania » Northern Mariana Islands
September 9th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

not much has been too exciting lately. school is going really well. we finished up our health unit and have officially moved on to physical science. we had our first big exam on tuesday and about half my class failed it. it's quite discouraging, but these kids have never learned any study skills. i did everything possible for them to succeed, and have run out of ideas. we covered all the material super thoroughly, they had a complete study guide covering everything the test touched on, open notes and composition notebooks for the test, and two full days of review before. after i handed them their graded test back, a lot of them were really disappointed. i let them take them home for the weekend and correct their mistakes for half credit, if they wanted to. i am just at a loss for how to get these kids to achieve more than just the minimum that they are used to. now, that is definitely a generalization but i know my kids are smarter than what was showed to me on that unit exam. anyways, we will see how many chose to work on it this weekend, and how they did on their corrections...

i'm still looking/searching/yearning for a car. i am hating that i have to bum rides off people. i need to be more independent, but there are just no cars out there that will last me for the two years im on island. i think soon it's going to get to the point where i will just have to go to a dealership and spend a lot more money on a car than i wanted to. at least i will have something reliable and under warranty.

last weekend we went camping on the beach and it was awesome. i finally bought snorkel gear and so was able to kick around in the water and see some of the amazing fish around the island. it's truly breathtaking. it has inspired me to save up for an underwater camera, but i don't think that will happen for a while. once i start getting more money rolling in and not having to give it away as soon as i get it, i will need to save up for my trip to prague for christmas and also start paying off school loans. yuck.

friday night, caitlin and i met up with some sailors that were docked on the island for the weekend, and it was really cool to hang out with them. while looking for our car, we got caught in the rain and were completely soaked for most of the night, but it was still fun anyways.

well, im gonna go get some more planning done for this week, then maybe put in a movie or something.

love you all 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb