Day 56: Happy New Year’s Eve!


Advertisement
Guam's flag
Oceania » Guam » Tamuning
December 31st 2018
Published: January 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we were able to get a hike in thanks to Jules’ friend Ko. Shelby and I just did not understand why everyone was so adament that we did not hike alone until we got out there. We did Waterfall Valley which was an easy 30 minute hike down and 30 back. We added a little additional extra trek down the river to see if there was another fall nearby, but the mosquitos quickly put an end to this trek, but not before we came to a bambo patch growing over the river in arches. There were 3 waterfalls. The first was extremely tall but not much water power. The second reminded me of Havasu because of the wide rock structure and many tiers of water coming down. There was a pool that you could swim in below it and a small cave with drapes and small stalactites inside. The last was wide with good water flow and straight down. It stood about 15 feet high and dropped into a pool deep enough to jump from. Needless to say, I was in a personal paradise of water, hiking happy. All of the other University of Portland girls got in this morning so the afternoon was filled with meeting them and getting ready for the night activities. The unanimous decision was to buy tickets to the New Year’s Eve celebraton at the new hotel. They had 3 levels of bands and DJs and was a great night of dancing, meeting more of the wedding party/guests and bringing in the new year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb