Trans-Canada Highway Road Trip


Advertisement
Published: November 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our family trip in one of the most famous Canadian road trip – Trans-Canada Highway- was decided after many hours of planning, and ensuring that we will have a great experience. It is an extremely scenic road with lakes, mountains, wildlife…

Road trips are not usually the most comfortable ways of getting from point A to B. Especially for those who are used to have a cozy seat in an airplane, the thought of a cross country road trip can sound quite baffling. However, for those who like a little bit of adventure in their travels, rather than sitting somewhere and sleeping through the trip, road trips are usually the best and the most memorable experience. After all, on a road trip, it is never only about reaching the destination, but about all the memories you make in between.

Although we did not complete the whole route, we managed to cover a good bit of it during our three weeks driving. We were taking it slow due to the children, and we did not want to race and miss all the beautiful sceneries we were passing.

We visited Otawa, Sudbury, Marathon, Winnipeg (Riding Mountain National Park), Regina, Calgary, Banff (Banff National Park, Glavier National Park), Vancouver and Victoria. We rented a campervan in Otawa from Camping-car Canada. We were staying in camp sites, as it is cheap and there are many caravan parks between Otawa & Victoria. It depends on when you are travelling as to whether or not you need to book ahead. The best one was Wesley Clover , as the facilities were great, everything wan clean and it has plenty of activities on offer.

What we most liked about the road trip in Canada was visiting the national parks. Choosing the most beautiful national park is quite hard as all of them were amazing… We found a nice website for national park information: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/index .

We will definitelly come back to Canada as we really had a great time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb