Manannan


Advertisement
Isle of Man's flag
Europe » Isle of Man » Port Erin
August 2nd 2017
Published: August 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Spent the morning yesterday chilling and then my friend's partner and I headed out to the Sound on the southernmost tip of the island for a cuppa and a look at the Calf of Man, another small island. Saw a few seals basking in the sun. Man is surprisingly hilly in the southern part of the island. Then we had a walk along the seafront at Port Erin, where I tried in vain to find vegan sorbet. Beautiful sunny day.

Today, my friend had the day off so we drove through the pouring rain to Ramsey, the largest town in the north of the island. Had lunch at a cafe and pottered around an art exhibition in the church where we got to vote on our favourite piece. Bit of a mixed bag in terms of quality but I managed to find a watercolour I liked.

We then drove up through the famous mist to the Point of Ayre, the northernmost spot on the island. Very flat and with beautiful yellow gorse and purple heather. We travelled through the villages of Bride and Andreas and stopped off at the church in Jurby, with its interesting carved crosses with animal motifs, for a tea and a "skeet" (Manx for "look") at the art exhibition there. On a good day, you can see over to Northern Ireland and Scotland but the weather despite clearing a little wasn't really up to it.

Back in Port St Mary, I was feeling a bit under the weather so I had a really early night. Think the constant travelling is beginning to catch up with me. Off back to the mainland tomorrow and Blackpool.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb