Traveling home from Sicily: Catania to Munich to Chicago


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 28th 2024
Published: April 28th 2024
Edit Blog Post

We are heading home today. We are sad to be leaving Sicily. It has been a fun trip of adventure and great food. We got up early to get to the airport for our 6 a.m. flight. We were leaving our hotel by about 3:30 a.m. We had paid for incidentals, the room tax and our dinner the night before and informed the lady at the desk of our very early departure. We loaded the Tiago and drove to the exit only to find the electric gate closed. There was a key pad, but we didn’t know the code. We drove back to the reception area and on the door that was locked there was a phone number “for emergencies “. We dialed and could hear the phone ringing from inside. No one answered. Pedro finally started knocking on windows and outside door near the reception. We heard someone inside saying something in Italian. He opened the door and tried to tell us in Italian about the code for the gate. He ended up going to the desk to hand us one of the key card holders with the written information for the gate. Sure would have been nice if the lady at check in or when we were paying the bill last night would have informed us about the locked entrance gate. We made our way to the gate and exited without issues. Off to the airport. We parked the car at the car rental return parking and dropped the keys inside the terminal at the car rental desk lock box as we had been instructed when we rented. Check in and security were quick and our flight to Munich was on time. The flight was 1 hour and 50 minutes. We had breakfast at the airport in Munich. We went through passport control and the guy initially couldn’t find Pedro’s entry stamp. The guy in Italy didn’t make a clear stamp and it was found in the passport book. The flight to Chicago was on time. No issues with customs and immigration. We found the Maverick where we left it. The drive home was uneventful. Pedro is back driving an automatic and happy everyone is staying in the lanes and not making an extra lane for passing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



29th April 2024
Leo

Leo
Leo looks so happy that you guys are home and happy to be on the couch again with you.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb