Cruising with Bill and Wendy


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Central America Caribbean » Curaçao
January 19th 2023
Published: January 19th 2023
Edit Blog Post

All went smoothly from leaving the house to checking in at the hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We are all excited to be on this adventure. Our rooms overlook the port so the view should be great during the day. We walked across the street to an Irish Pub. Wendy had nachos, I had Guinness Brown Bread with a pull and Bill chose the winner with smoked salmon. Will eat there again.



By that time we all were wrecked so off to bed we went.



After a restful sleep I awoke and there were four ships in port. Looks as if i’m awake early Sunday I can watch our ship come in. We met for breakfast at 8:30 and it looks like the entire hotel was there. We finally found a table, went for coffee and juice and the lines at all the serving stations were long. Bill and Wendy braved the lines but I settled for a muffin. Lesson learned. Wait a bit later for breakfast or a bit earlier. Sat in the sun by the pool watching Bill and Wendy swim laps. Great Form.



Later we met for lunch and I learned I had missed a visit from the Iguana family, Dad, Mom and a baby. Dad scooted under Wendy’s chair and then visited other pool chairs before scooting up the faux rock grotto to sun at the top. Very Jurassic Park.







For dinner we returned to Waxy’s Irish Pub. Bill and I enjoyed the smoked salmon while Wendy went for the loaded potato soup. I was chilled so I had a delicious Irish coffee with my meal. And so ended first real vacation day of our trip.



Today was cold and windy. Thin 40-52 degrees. After breakfast I went back to my room and the sun was streaming in the window. I was so chilled that I dove into bed and enjoyed a suntan while snug as a bug. That was my exciting morning. After lunch Bill and Wendy went out to the pool but I elected to cuddle with my book in the sun in my bed.



We have met many cruisers here at the Embassy Suites, it is a hotel location of choice. By and large they are a happy friendly bunch each extolling the theme of the cruise they were taking.

Some were on a jazz cruise, others with a group of Irish musicians and yet another with different bands. Tomorrow we are expecting warmer temperatures and a sunny sail away.



It’s now Tuesday. Embarkation went smoothly and sail away was grand. The dinning room was packed I was feeling a little punk so I had an early night.



Wendy and Bill went kayaking at Half Moon Key, we met for Happy Hour/Trivia, dinner in the

Lido and another early night.



Today was a day of mis-communication. We will meet up around dinner time I hope.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb