May 16th


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2022
Edit Blog Post

And our last full day. Last night was an amazing lunar eclipse, and we did stay up long enough to watch some of it. The moon turned red too.

It said it would rain all day, and it did rain the entire way we drove into George Town for our 10 am Covid tests. Then it stopped just before we arrived, and the sun came out beautifully. We thank God that all 3 of us passed – a quick and not very expensive ($25) 2 hour till results test.

Eden Rock was flat, so we jumped in – as we didn’t know if the rain was still coming down further north from there (most winds are from south east), and perhaps up at our East End still. We were in for 1-1/4 hours. Came out to enjoy lunch of conch ceviche, calamari, and nachos. And decided to hop in again for another 1-1/2 hours!

We all 3 found the Tobacco Fish which have eluded us for 15 years, and the barred hamlets. One nurse shark, 2 porcupine fish, divers going far below us and letting go lovely bubbles. It was a lovely final day.

Dinner: pan fried grouper, mixed onions/zucchini, and rice. Yum. We have been so spoiled with the lovely fresh grouper. We have done the last laundry and had a few games of kings in the corner and now it’s time to wrap up and hit the hay. We are feeling rather floaty too. No surprise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb