Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
September 5th 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Neither of us has posted much on here since amsterdam really although that is mainly because we have been busy or unable to post because of expensive internets.
Japan is absolutely awesome. If you know where to go (its so hard just to stumble on to things because of the packed nature of the place) then you really do have the best time! Went to Kagaya in Shinbashi and its probably the single most entertaining night you can have eating in Japan without getting totally smashed and letting the alcohol make it fun. Mark Kagaya is part waiter, actor, entertainer and all host. For 4000 yen you can eat and drink (including alcohol) as much as you like for 3 hours and by jove did we eat! At one point there were around 6 dishes per person on the table with everything ranging from fish to soup and curry; all of it delicious (well maybe not the eggplant so much!)
Clubbing in Tokyo is pretty cool tho didn't hear so much about the alternative scene. Went to Air in Shibuya (or Shiboooooooya! as it came to be known!) after hitting the Milky Way Kareoke bay on the journey there.
One of the best parts of Tokyo boiled down to two things: Harajuku (the Camden Market of Tokyo) and the hostel. Simply one of the very best and fun hostels I've stayed in. Group events like the Wii tournament only made it moreso. My light is flashing so I'm gonna save very quickly. Seeya!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb