To Mayrhofen


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
May 16th 2024
Published: May 16th 2024
Edit Blog Post

There's not too much to report for today as it has been another travel day from Salzburg to Mayrhofen. The rail route to the Inn area from Salzburg cuts across part of German Bavaria before it heads back into Austria.

Mayrhofen is at the end of the Zill Valley and is a mountain resort mainly for winter sport. We chose this place as we had stayed at the bottom of the valley when biking the Inn Cycle Trail a few years back. There was a little red train and some information about the valley and we had thought it would be a good place to visit one day. And, this is the day.

The setting is deep into steep mountains with many small villages and farms dotting the landscape. Hopefully, our next few days will show us that it was indeed worth visiting. If not, well, we're stuck here for the week!

Our apartment is well appointed with plenty of room for the four of us. We have a large deck at the back and a small balcony at the front. The only downside is that it is the top floor and there is no lift. It's no fun with full luggage and then another trip with groceries. But, we're now sorted and shouldn't have to do that again.

We'll see what there is to do and see in this area tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb