The Indian Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Indian » Andaman Sea
April 8th 2012
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Easter Sunday, 8th April 2022:



There’s very little to say today and that’s because we’ve done very little today. We are way out in the Indian Ocean, it’s very hot and very sunny so a very early gym session was followed by a long, leisurely breakfast. Then a bit of work on our scrapbook was followed by a long, leisurely lunch. And that was followed by a very long and very leisurely session next to, and in, the swimming pool.



The wildlife count kicked back in today with one flying fish and another of the magnificent mega pods of dolphins. But sorry – the dolphins did their thing while we were at lunch so we didn’t have our cameras to hand.



We’re off to a cocktail party this evening – which is just a poncey excuse for a free glass of bubbles. Unfortunately the relaxed dining venue on this ship is awful. It’s called the King’s Court but the passengers all call it the King’s Trough. If only it was as good as the equivalent on the Queens Elizabeth and Victoria then we probably wouldn’t go to any more formal nights. But to get a good meal, you need to eat in the main restaurant so it will be formal frocks again tonight. Before we left home I would never have predicted that I would go out in full regalia without any more make-up than a swipe of lipstick. That’s proof we’ve had too many formal nights. I just can’t be bothered any more. But if that’s all I can find to moan about then I reckon we must having a pretty good time!



PS We have not seen any pirates today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.452s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0977s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb