2020 - Radiance of the Seas Cruise of the South Pacific


Advertisement
New Caledonia's flag
Oceania » New Caledonia » South Province » Noumea
January 30th 2020
Published: May 30th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - Departure from Sydney Harbour

We travelled via the bus to Sydney and then a taxi to the Overseas Terminal. Checked in to the boat which was easy and smooth. We had managed to get a suite for this cruise. Our bags took a while to arrive so we went to have lunch at the Windjammer buffet and treated ourselves to a glass of bubbles.

That evening we had our first sampling of the Concierge Club which we could access due to our suite booking. It is open 4.30 - 8 for free drinks and hot/cold nibbles. We had dinner in the Cascade restaurant and then returned to the club lounge.



Day 2 - At Sea

A light breakfast as we had been invited to brunch today. We sat at a table at the brunch with 4 Pinnacle members ( people with more than 700 days sailing!!!!). They were from San Francisco and Iowa. Lovely Brunch including champagne and wine. Visited the gym afterwards which is very well equipped.

Went for drinks in the Concierge Club again and went to the formal night dinner. Sat with some people from Sydney and Melbourne.

We found out today that the route had changed because the tribal chiefs of Mare and Lifou would not allow the ship to dock because of the threat of coronavirus. Now going to Noumea on Sunday, then Vila, Luganville, Mystery Island and the Isle of Pines. Watch this space.



Day 3 - At Sea

A relaxed day with the seas quite bumpy



Day 4 - Noumea. Overcast and humid

We booked the Hop on Hop off bus on board ($19 pp). Went the entire route and back to the boat so decided to have morning tea on board and then headed back to the bus again.Stopped at the port terminal and changed some money for an exhorbitant rate. Could have booked the bus for $10 pp here. When we left the terminal we saw an ATM where we probably could have got a better rate. Ripped off all round. The town was basically closed because it was Sunday. Had a look at the markets. Amazing lobster and fish. Clothing and jewellery were expensive. Back on the bus for a complete tour of Noumea. Got off at Ante, had a beers and connected to the wifi. We them walked back to Lemon Bay and caught the bus to the ship. Our usual routine for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb